New Media Literacies Institute at UPEI -Saturday, September 29th, 2007
Streaming & Archiving
Live Multi-class Interaction
New Media Literacies Institute at UPEI
Saturday, September 29th, 2007
By Jeff Lebow with support from the Webcast Academy Community
What is Live, Interactive Webcasting (& Webcast Academy)?
Using web based audio and/or video to connect remote participants in a real time conversation and make it available for others to listen to.
'Live' adds the magic, recording adds the power.
- Audio Recording
- Recording Conversations with remote participants
- Commercial sites that support audio, video, and/or desktop sharing
Ustream, WizIQ, Talkshoe, , Mogulus, Operator11, Webhuddle, Yugma, ,
- Power of an audience, especially live audience
- Broadening our exposure to different perspectives
- Prepare students with 21st century collaborative skills
- Professional development
- Technical (finding tools and support)
- Administrative - opening up access, addressing privacy and safety concerns
- Pedagogical - how does it fit in with educational goals
Tales from the front lines
- Connect with remote participants
http://youthbridges.net , http://youthvoices.net/elgg/_weblog/everyone.php , http://www.epnweb.org/ (podcasts)